Nurse Residency Program
Be part of the future of healthcare
Adventist Health recognizes the importance of nurse graduates to the future of healthcare. We invite you to join our mission to inspire health, wholeness and hope while growing your skills and embarking on a fulfilling career where you make a difference every day.
The Adventist Health Nurse Residency Program is a structured orientation and professional development program designed to ease your transition from new graduate to professional nurse. Supported by clinical experts, engaged preceptors and supportive leaders, the Nurse Residency Program promotes safe practice, knowledge development and self-confidence by bridging the gap from novice nurse to competent team member.
“Becoming a new graduate nurse was simultaneously the most exciting and intimidating experience. I initially felt overwhelmed by the responsibility and expectations of my role; however, the residency program mitigated much of that anxiety I felt when I started. Through the refresher classes, unit orientation and debriefing sessions, I felt prepared for the transition from new graduate to independent nurse.” – Oscar Hernandez, RN, Adventist Health Bakersfield
We proudly offer Nurse Residency Programs at many of our medical centers in California, Hawaii and Oregon.
Our structured one-year program connects you to competent and professional practice through:
- Clinical immersion supported by trained preceptors to guide and validate your readiness for independent patient care
- Curriculum that includes specialty clinical content to enhance critical thinking and clinical decision making
- Facilitated debriefing to promote psychological safety and provide a protected space to discuss experiences
- Structured professional development program to integrate you into the professional role and recognize your impact on healthcare delivery
- Looping through ancillary and adjacent departments to appreciate patient flow and cross-unit collaboration
Nurse Residency Program requirements:
- Nursing degree as required by licensure; BSN preferred.
- California, Oregon, or Hawaii Registered Nurse license prior to program start date.
- Less than six months direct patient care experience.
Thank you for your interest in Adventist Health’s RN Residency Program! To stay up to date with our program’s start dates, details, and news please join our Talent Community here.
Interested in attending hiring events and viewing hospital updates? Follow us on Instagram!
Thank you again for your interest and we hope you will be joining us at Adventist Health soon.