Malpractice Insurance Verifications Graduates
Malpractice Claims History and Insurance/Coverage Verification Requests
If you need Malpractice Claims History and Insurance/Coverage Verification of an Adventist Health-employed Advanced Practice Provider (APP), or a GME Resident Physician or Faculty, or an Adventist Health-employed Physician, please click on the orange button below:
Please be aware of the following:
- A consent to release information form signed by provider is required before any information can be provided.
- This portal is not to submit a claim to the Adventist Health Employee Health Plan (aka Claims Central).
- This portal is not to communicate with the Medical Staff departments.
For Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) employed by an Adventist Health employer:
- Adventist Health provides employees coverage through its program of self-insurance for healthcare professional liability (HPL) and general liability (GL) (aka AHS/West HPL/GL Trust) while its employees are acting within the course and scope of their employment duties.
- If you only need a current year certificate of coverage from the HPL/GL Trust for an employee, please go to the following page: Healthcare Professional Liability and General Liability. Download the "Employee Certificate" for your hospital from the Library-HPL/GL General Certificates near the bottom of that page.
For Resident or Faculty Physicians of an Adventist Health Graduate Medical Education (GME) Program:
- We will direct you to the commercial insurer who is the custodian of the claims information for Resident Physicians and Faculty.
- Please note that the GME residency program's insurance coverage only covers supervising faculty physicians while they are acting within the course and scope of their duties as GME faculty. In addition to this coverage, GME faculty physicians are also required to carry their own personal healthcare professional liability coverage (aka medical malpractice), which you will need to request directly from the physician.
For Physicians employed by an Adventist Health hospital (outside of CA or a specially designated Critical Access Hospital):
- Employed physician's primary coverage is provided through an insurance policy with The Doctors Company (TDC). We can provide you with TDC's contact information for you to send your request directly. TDC is the custodian of the claims information for employed physician.
- For all other physicians, you will need to directly contact that physician's commercial insurance carrier.
If you have questions, please call the Risk Management department at (916) 406-1599 or send us an email at AHRiskandInsurance@ah.org.