Getting timely answers about your heart condition helps us tailor a treatment plan that’s right for you.
Adventist Health’s cardiac radiologists use advanced imaging technology, including noninvasive methods, to deliver an accurate diagnosis. Our experienced team discusses the findings with you in detail to help you make an informed choice.
Advanced, accurate diagnosis
Adventist Health’s cardiac radiologists specialize in heart imaging to assess all types of heart conditions.
Your general cardiologist orders imaging tests to make or confirm a diagnosis. Our on-site diagnostic labs provide precise testing.
Our team offers advanced imaging technology to ensure an accurate diagnosis. These tests include:
- Ultrasound: Creates images of your heart using sound waves
- X-ray: Uses small amounts of radiation to generate images
- Computerized tomography (CT): Combines a series of X-ray images from different angles around your body
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): Produces detailed images using magnets
- Nuclear medicine (NM) imaging with PET or SPECT: Measures chemical reactions in your cells to show early signs of heart disease
You may also need other minimally invasive diagnostic procedures, such as interventional cardiology. In interventional procedures, your doctor threads a catheter (a thin tube) to your heart. This technique allows us to assess, diagnose and treat your heart’s chambers and arteries (blood vessels).
After your diagnosis, our team of specialists consults with each other and with you to develop a care plan. Your plan may include treatment from our experts in electrophysiology, interventional cardiology or surgery.