Adventist Health’s general cardiology team works to prevent, diagnose and treat all types of cardiovascular diseases. We work closely with other heart specialists to deliver the most appropriate care.
Our experienced team provides treatment and ongoing follow-up to help you manage chronic heart conditions and live the healthiest life possible.
Expert care for heart conditions
Your primary care physician may refer you to an expert in general cardiology at Adventist Health. Our cardiologists have expertise in preventing, diagnosing and treating a wide range of heart conditions.
We assess your condition and work with you to determine next steps. Your care plan may include treatment from specialists in electrophysiology, interventional cardiology or cardiac surgery. Adventist Health offers an extensive network of physicians, giving you coordinated care throughout the process.
General cardiologists make a cardiac diagnosis to determine your risk factors and the best treatment plan. We often use nonsurgical methods to manage chronic conditions including:
- Carotid disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- High blood pressure
- Peripheral artery disease
After diagnosis, we create a customized treatment plan, which may include:
- Nutritional support: Our team recommends heart-healthy, nutritious meals, tailored to your needs and preferences, to help your heart perform its best.
- Regular exercise: Our team recommends simple, safe ways to move your body and support healthy heart and blood vessel function.
- Medication: You may take medication for a few weeks or longer to manage your condition, relieve symptoms and improve your quality of life.
- Surgery: You may need cardiac surgery to remove a blockage or repair muscles or valves in your heart. We consult with multiple specialists and work with you to create the best treatment plan. We also offer cardiac rehabilitation to support a safe, smooth recovery.
- Ongoing follow-up: You’ll have regular appointments and therapy to support you and monitor your health over time.