Surgery with the careful attention you deserve
Adventist Health makes it easier to receive surgery where you’re most comfortable: close to home and loved ones.
Our whole-person approach puts you at ease and helps you feel cared for every step of the way. Our attention to detail consistently leads to successful procedures, so you can move forward with your life.
Exceptional general surgery services
At Adventist Health, you benefit from the expertise of a leading health network and compassionate, personalized treatments.
Highlights of our program include:
- Expertise: You receive services from board-certified general surgeons, some with decades of experience. Our team also includes specialists in areas such as cancer surgery and complex hernia repair. All surgeons use research-based methods, so you can count on us for safe, appropriate therapies.
- Sophisticated options: Procedures often include minimally invasive techniques, such as robotic and laparoscopic surgery. These methods require smaller incisions and are gentler on your body.
- Individual attention: Before surgery, we take time to get to know you as an individual, enabling us to tailor services to your unique needs. After your procedure, surgeons take an active role in follow-up care for a smooth recovery. If you have questions, you are welcome to contact us at any time.
- Focus on quality: Our hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, which means we meet the highest quality standards and continuously improve patient care. Some of our surgeons have been involved in surgical quality efforts at the national level. Our quality focus helps us consistently achieve good results, including low complication rates.
The four pillars of Adventist Health guide our approach to general surgery:
- Living God’s love: We provide inclusive, personalized care.
- Future-forward approach: Our team recognizes that the whole person—body, mind, emotions—come together for healing and healthy living.
- Partner in health: We assist patients throughout their experience and help them with preventive care.
- Quality: We take time to gauge feedback and outcomes and work to bring patients the latest advancements for constant improvement.
General surgery for common and complex conditions
Adventist Health general surgeons treat:
- Breast cancer
- Chronic obesity
- Heavy periods
- Liver disease
Comprehensive treatment options
We offer a broad range of options, including:
- Breast surgery
- Colorectal disorder and cancer surgery
- Digestive disorder surgery
- Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer surgery
- Hernia repair surgery
- Lung and upper esophagus surgery
- Same-day surgery and early discharge
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Robotic surgery