Community Benefit Sponsorship
Adventist Health Howard Memorial is a not-for-profit health system with a long-standing history of providing philanthropic support for projects and programs offered within the communities we serve.
Community benefit sponsorship guidelines
As a part of the Adventist Health Howard Memorial’s mission, support for community benefits including uncompensated medical care, education, screenings and community initiatives are supported annually. As a non-profit organization, the ability to deliver financial support for community organizations is tied directly to Adventist Health Howard Memorial’s operating performance and aligned with the mission and Community Health Needs Assessment. Strong consideration will be given to projects that address the three priority areas outlined in the Community Health Needs Assessment:
- Mental Health
- Substance Use
- Domestic Abuse
Adventist Health Howard Memorial has developed this convenient guideline for sponsorship requests. The information is outlined to help you assess the compatibility of your sponsorship request with Adventist Health Howard Memorial’s mission – Living God’s love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope – the guiding principle for all sponsorship allocations.
Sponsorship project funding selection criteria
In general, Adventist Health Howard Memorial supports projects that are:
- Designed to address the priority focus areas from the most recent Community Health Needs Assessment
- Mission aligned
- Created to address health equity for the underserved and at-risk populations in Mendocino County
- Serve more than one zip code in Mendocino County
- Serve more than 25 people
- Operated by an organization that demonstrates capacity to successfully implement the program/project
- Operated by an organization that demonstrates a sound sustainability plan for operations; the program/project is not in jeopardy
Adventist Health Howard Memorial project funding is reviewed annually to address the ever-changing needs of the community. Support of projects during a specific year does not guarantee continued or future funding.
Adventist Health Howard Memorial does not provide sponsorship funding for the following:
- Fraternities or Sororities
- Individual scholarships and fellowships
- Smaller group activities that benefit less than 25 people
- Organizations or activities outside of the Adventist Health Howard Memorial service area of Mendocino County
- Pageants or field trips
Note: Adventist Health Howard Memorial does not discriminate based on creed, color, national origin, religion or gender.
Community benefit sponsorship selection process
In order to ensure that sponsorship funds are being allocated in keeping with organizational goals, each application undergoes a full review by the sponsorship committee. Requests should be received 90-days in advance of the event date, and we ask that you allow a 45-day response window for your sponsorship request.
Adventist Health Howard Memorial will limit the support provided to a maximum of one request per organization, per calendar year.
Requests for in-kind support, i.e. health screenings, promotional items/giveaways, etc. will be assigned a monetary value and considered part of Adventist Health Howard Memorial contribution to an organization.