Adventist Health’s mission statement of Living God’s love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope is coupled with a vision to transform the health experience of our communities through collaborative programs, community investments and community outreach. We are inspired by the healing ministry as represented by the life of Jesus Christ and believe we are called to live out our mission intentionally in the communities we serve. In the small towns, suburbs and inner cities we serve, we continue our journey to provide quality healthcare until every person made in God’s image has experienced the best health today, hope for tomorrow, and God’s love that endures forever.
Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley strives to actively engage in a number of practices that aim to improve the health of our community. These programs and services are intended to improve access for disadvantaged groups or to address important health care matters for a defined population.
In 2017 Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley was the presenting sponsor of the Health and Senior Resource Fair. The event served several hundred residents with free health screenings, wellness education and directions to local health resources. Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley also coordinated a drive-thru flu shot clinic in November 2017, which served several dozen residents. The inaugural event was free to the public.
Community relationships are vital to the health of our community and Tehachapi Valley was happy to participate in National Night Out, an annual event to promote those partnerships. Adventist Health AIS Cancer Center was also a proud sponsor of the Tehachapi Relay for Life Event. These community events showcase the commitment of Adventist Health to Tehachapi Valley.
In 2022, Adventist Health provided
- $67.5 million in charity care
- $25.5 million in community health improvement
- $28.8 million in education and research
- $287.9 million in Medicaid
- $442.2 million in Medicare
- $206.4 million subsidized health services
- $1.058 billion total
Community Benefit Reports
We value your input in our Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Strategy.
Please send comments to email@example.com.
You may request a paper copy from the Administration/President’s office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may view electronic copies of current and previous community benefit reports below:
- 2023 Community Health Implementation Strategy
- 2022 Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2022 Community Health Plan Update
- 2021 Community Health Plan Update
- 2020 Community Health Plan Update
- 2020 Community Health Implementation Strategy
- 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2019 Community Health Implementation Strategy
- 2019 Community Health Plan Update/Annual Report
- 2018 Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2017 Community Health Plan (Implementation Strategy) & 2016 Update/Annual Report