To ensure patient and staff safety, Adventist Health Kern County Hospitals will not allow children under the age of 14 to visit during the flu season from October 1 – April 1.
In response to the evolving community restrictions related to COVID-19, our hospital visitor policy is being modified to expand visitor access and create a more patient and family-centered healing environment.
In the hospital, visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Visitors are no longer required to be tested for COVID-19 or show proof of vaccination to visit patients.
DO NOT ENTER if you have any of the following:
- Confirmed COVID-19 infection, or other respiratory infections
- Close contact with someone with COVID-19 or respiratory infection in the
last 14 days, or any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Masking: A well-fitted face mask is required upon entry and at all times within the facility. Mask must cover nose, mouth, and chin at all times. Exceptions: When eating or drinking.
- Each patient will be allowed two visitors at a time.
- Special Circumstances - Under special circumstances and by approval of the House Supervisor or Administration, exceptions can be made.
- Maternal Child Care Unit & NICU
- Limited to 2 designated visitors per patient stay.
- Doula is allowed in addition to visitors when prior arrangements have been made with the hospital.
- Patients who are on Isolation Precautions, including COVID-19 patients, are limited to 2 visitors per patient stay.
- Visitors will follow isolation precautions posted outside the patient room.
Visiting hours do not apply to the emergency department; however, patients are limited to one visitor.