Intensive Outpatient Treatment
The intensive outpatient program offers flexible, part-time group programming that serves adults who have psychiatric symptoms affecting at least one area of their daily life. Participants receive a given minimum of monthly assessments by an attending psychiatrist.
This program may be used as step-down treatment from the partial hospitalization program or as a means to avoid the need for higher levels of care. Groups focus on continuing development and practice of coping skills, symptom management techniques and problem-solving capabilities. Aftercare planning is emphasized as participants gain increased levels of self-sufficiency.
This six-week intensive outpatient program provides 11 hours of dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) each week, including mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation and distress tolerance. The program utilizes educational sessions on relevant topics, group therapy and individual therapy.
We have created an emotionally safe environment where clients can learn to express often overwhelming emotions while learning more effective coping skills.
When it comes to choosing an outpatient program for a client, the expertise of the treatment team is of critical importance. We bring together a tenured team of compassionate experts with extensive training and clinical experience.
Program services include:
- Multidisciplinary treatment teams that involve the patient, family members and caregivers in the design and implementation of individualized plans of care
- An attending psychiatrist to prescribe and/or educate regarding medications and to consult with patient’s prescribing physician
- Group therapy sessions that focus on goal-setting, symptom management skills, social and communication skills, medication education, and discharge planning
- Dual-diagnosis groups designed to assist those participants who have a primary psychiatric diagnosis coupled with substance abuse issues
- Cognitive therapy that provides a framework from which the patients can gain an understanding of the connection between thoughts, feelings and behaviors that tend to exacerbate the illness
- Groups facilitated by clinicians utilizing psychotherapeutic, psychoeducational and creative arts therapy techniques
- Education regarding community resources and assistance in accessing those resources as part of a comprehensive aftercare plan
- Round-trip transportation for those participants who otherwise would not be able to attend treatment
Please feel free to call our admissions team at (707) 649-4925 to set up an appointment for a free assessment. We offer adult outpatient programs that include partial and intensive outpatient treatment for patients with anxiety disorders, depression and related conditions.