Quality of Care
Commitment to excellence in all aspects of care
Our physicians, nurses, volunteers and staff are united by a commitment to provide high quality care for our patients. Our values of excellence, respect, accountability, integrity and community underscore our pledge to provide exceptional care in everything we do.
We remain diligent in the pursuit of innovative, evidence-based treatment options that keep us on the forefront of delivering advanced medicine. Our talented physicians, nurses and staff, combined with advanced diagnostic imaging and technology, provide treatment options that heal the mind, body and spirit, one patient at a time.
Adventist Health Clear Lake Hospital has received the Overall Hospital Quality 5-Star Rating for 2022 from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the highest possible rating a hospital can achieve. According to CMS, the Overall Star Rating summarizes a variety of measures across five areas of quality into a single star rating for each hospital. Each hospital has a star rating that ranges from one to five stars, with five stars signifying the highest quality.
Of the 4,500 hospitals evaluated by CMS, Adventist Health Clear Lake is the only hospital in Lake County to achieve this 5-Star rating. Only 14% of hospitals nationwide have earned five stars.
We are proud of our team’s commitment to provide exceptional care for our community and for each family that trusts us for care when they need it most.
The Centers for Medicare and Medical 5-Star award is presented for outstanding performance in five areas of health care services.
- Staying healthy: screenings, tests, and vaccines. Includes whether members got various screening tests, vaccines, and other check-ups that help them stay healthy.
- Managing chronic (long-term) conditions: Includes how often members with different conditions got certain tests and treatments that help them manage their condition.
- Member experience with the health plan: Includes ratings of member satisfaction with the plan.
- Member complaints and changes in the health plan’s performance: Includes how often Medicare found problems with the plan and how often members had problems with the plan. Includes how much the plan’s performance has improved (if at all) over time.
- Health plan customer service: Includes how well the plan handles member appeals.
Centers for Medicare and Medical Top Performer
Adventist Health Clear Lake is one of 12 medical centers out of 450 in the Premier Hospital Engagement Network to receive Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recognition as top performer in 6 or more measures in a pilot program, Partnership for Patients (PFP).
Cal Hospital Compare Honor Role Recognizes Adventist Health Clear Lake
Cal Hospital Compare recognized Adventist Health Clear Lake for their high performance in maternity care and commitment to safe opioid care for the sixth year in a row (2017-2022).
Honor Roll recognition highlights Adventist Health Clear Lake’s work in reducing births by C-section for first-time mothers with low-risk pregnancies and programs designed to increased access to addiction treatment for hospitalized patients and reduction of opioid-related deaths.