Registered Dieticians in St. Helena
Good nutrition is important for your health. Adventist Health St. Helena’s registered dietitians provide nutrition counseling for individuals with specific medical needs as well as those who wish to maintain optimal health.
Our approach integrates nutrition counseling with your overall health maintenance program. All nutrition counseling requires a physician referral.
Nutrition counseling is available for a range of needs, including:
- Cardiovascular disorders (cholesterol, high blood pressure)
- Diabetes and gestational diabetes
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Bariatric surgery
- Good nutrition throughout life
- Kidney disorders
- Eating disorders
- Sports (training and competition)
- Weight management
Your dietitian can help you in several ways. The dietitian can:
- Review your current diet
- Evaluate your nutritional status
- Analyze your nutritional needs
- Work with you to identify your personal nutrition goals and create a plan to reach them
- Provide supporting written materials
- Help you plan meals at home and when dining out
- Give follow-up assistance
- Send a report to your doctor
Adventist Health St. Helena registered dietitians meet high qualification standards and are available by appointment.