Chronic Foot Pain & When To Have Your Foot Examined

February 8, 2022


Experiencing chronic foot pain? Have a wound that won’t heal? You might need to see a foot specialist. Robert Liddiard, DPM, a podiatrist at Adventist Health and Rideout, recommends when to seek help.

• If you’re having chronic foot pain: “This could be a sign of underlying concerns like arthritis or flatfeet, which can be treated through supportive arches, physical therapy or injections,” Dr. Liddiard says

• If you have a wound that won’t heal: “It’s important to seek immediate care,” Dr. Liddiard says. “If untreated, a foot ulcer can get infected and lead to limb loss, but it’s treatable if found early.”

• If you can’t put weight on your foot or ankle: “You could have an injury to the bones, ligaments or tendons in your foot,” Dr. Liddiard says. “A podiatrist can evaluate your symptoms and recommend a treatment plan.”

Do you need care for your feet? Visit to learn more.