Health Scholar Program
A hands-on clinical and administrative experience opportunity for pre-healthcare professionals
The Health Scholars Program at Adventist Health Glendale gives pre-healthcare professionals unparalleled access to direct patient care and hospital administrative positions. Program participants become valuable members of the care team working alongside nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in clinical and administrative settings.
Program participants receive training to assist in basic patient care tasks as they rotate among different units within the hospital. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with taking vital signs.
- Feeding patients.
- Discharging patients.
- And much more…
Participants have the opportunity to serve in areas such as the emergency department, inpatient care units such as cardiac telemetry and behavioral health, and outpatient units including cardiac catheter lab and radiology. Participants may also assist in labor and delivery, learn about healthcare administration and much more.
The Health Scholar Program offers
- Hands-on experience and education through a Keck Graduate Institute accredited course.
- Mentorship opportunities with healthcare professionals and COPE Health Scholars staff.
- Opportunities for entry-level hospital positions.
- Leadership opportunities to increase professional development skills.
- Seminars with guest speakers and healthcare panels.
- Test-prep service discounts.
- Attendance at networking events.
- And much more.
To be successful in the program, applicants must be a self-starter and a motivated individual. For more information, visit copehealthscholars.org.
Contact Francesca Seta for all health scholar inquiries at Adventist Health Glendale:
Phone Number: (818) 409-8114