Satellite Medication Dispensing
Convenient Access to Medications at Discharge
Satellite Medication Dispensing (SMD) at Adventist Health Glendale (AHGL) provides outpatient pharmacy services for our patients, community and medical center employees in one convenient location. The SMD serves the medication needs of individuals upon discharge from the medical center and in the emergency room, eliminating the need to go to a retail pharmacy and providing continuity and coordination of care for our patients.
Satellite Medication Dispensing at AHGL offers:
- Secure and quick transmission of prescriptions electronically via e-scripts, fax or direct phone call.
- Convenient delivery of prescription medication to the bedside at the time of discharge.
- Extensive counseling and education upon discharge by expert pharmacists.
- Prescription mailing services to patients' homes.
- Pharmacy staff who can help patients understand their prescription benefits, insurance and billing.
- Prescription refill requests or transfers from other pharmacies.
- Interpreter services for those with impaired hearing or whose primary language is not English.
- Access to specialty medication and medical supplies.
We accept all major prescription insurance benefits. The SMD is open from 8AM-midnight, seven days a week and is conveniently located next to the AHGL emergency room in the basement level of the West Tower.