An outstanding program of pre-operative resources, including education and therapy, helps to ensure that joint replacement patients at Adventist Health Glendale (AHGL) have the best experience possible before surgery, immediately afterward and during their recovery period at home.
What is covered
One of the most important components of our program is to educate our patients regarding their upcoming procedure, hospital stay and rehabilitation. We are confident that the more you know and participate in your care, the better your overall experience will be.
- COVID safety requirements
- Discharge plan
- Equipment that you will need during your hospitalization and at home
- How to be more involved in your recovery
- How to manage your pain
- Exercise, activities and self-care
- What happens during the remainder of your hospital stay
- What happens before and after surgery
- The pre-surgery process - Checklist
(keep this window open while you complete the three steps below)
- Complete the Home Safety form
- Review the Joint Replacement Pre-Operative Education Presentation
- Confirm you have completed the above requirements by completing the Joint Replacement Pre-operative Education Attestation
Note: If you do not have an email, please use the email of a family member or friend
Be sure to click on each of the numbered steps above to complete your pre-op education.
If you have questions, please call Debra Guy (818) 409-8235