Heart & Vascular Institute
State-of-the-art treatment from caring professionals
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. That's why Adventist Health Glendale makes keeping your heart healthy one of our top priorities. To fulfill this mission, we have expanded your options for heart care in Glendale and our surrounding communities. Our Heart & Vascular Institute is an outpatient cardiac medical office dedicated to your heart health.
Some of the area's top physicians are part of the Heart & Vascular Institute, bringing you the most advanced treatment options available in cardiology, cardiovascular disease, electrophysiology, interventional radiology and much, much more. Click here to meet our physicians.
The institute occupies 4,500 square feet on the second floor of the Lee Hughes Medical Building on the Adventist Health Glendale campus. Ten exam rooms, a nuclear camera and a treadmill/echocardiogram room give you state-of-the-art treatment options all in one convenient, spacious location.
Services offered and conditions treated include:
- Outpatient management of cardiovascular-related diseases and risk factors, including elevated blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as heart disease risk-reduction and overall heart health improvement.
- General, nuclear and interventional cardiology (angiography, angioplasty, arteriogram, stent placement).
- Surgical treatment for coronary artery disease and/or valve disease (cardiothoracic surgery).
- Catheters placed in the neck, chest or groin (central venous access).
- Treatment of deep venous thrombosis, or DVT (thrombosis/thrombectomy).
- Treatment of arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats (electrophysiology).
- Treatment of peripheral vascular disease, or circulation disorders that affect blood vessels outside the heart and brain (angioplasty, arteriogram, stent placement, thrombolysis).
Interventional radiologists at the Heart & Vascular Institute use image-guided minimally invasive techniques. Technology such as CT, fluoroscopy and other imaging methods are used to advance a catheter in the body, usually through an artery, to treat disease non-surgically.
The Heart & Vascular Institute is the first of its kind in the Glendale, Burbank and Pasadena areas. For more information or to book your appointment with one of our Heart & Vascular Institute physicians, call (844) 21-HEART or (818) 863-4099.