Sponsorship Program Funding Guidelines
Adventist Health Portland is a nonprofit health system with a long-standing history of providing philanthropic support for projects and programs offered within the communities we serve. The ability to deliver financial support for community organizations is tied directly to Adventist Health’s mission, and strong consideration will be given to projects that address the five priority areas outlined in the Community Health Needs Assessment:
- Access to care
- Food insecurity
- Housing access
Adventist Health Portland has developed this convenient guideline for sponsorship requests. The information is outlined to help you assess the compatibility of your sponsorship request with Adventist Health Portland's mission — the guiding principle for all sponsorship allocations.
Adventist Health Portland community sponsorship/partnership goals:
- To support programs that align with Adventist Health’s mission to live God's love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope.
- To partner with community organizations on initiatives that will leverage our strengths as a health care provider — including wellness, quality of life and environment.
- To invest in our community to improve the quality of life for current and future residents.
In addition to investing in sponsorships, Adventist Health Portland employees are encouraged to volunteer and contribute to our community partners by providing leadership on boards, donating time and skills to a project, or assisting in other ways.
Sponsorship project funding selection criteria
In general, Adventist Health Portland supports projects that are:
- Designed to improve community health with emphasis placed on those that address the priority focus areas from the most recent Community Health Needs Assessment
- Health care agency projects addressing community health improvement and health education
- Created to support the underserved, at-risk community populations
- Helping children, adults and families learn critical life skills
Adventist Health Portland project funding is reviewed annually to address the ever-changing needs of the community. Support of projects during a specific year does not guarantee continued or future funding.
Adventist Health Portland does not provide sponsorship funding for the following:
- Fraternities or sororities
- Individual scholarships and fellowships
- Smaller group activities
- Organizations or activities outside of the Adventist Health Portland service area
- Pageants or field trips
Note: Adventist Health Portland does not discriminate based on creed, color, national origin, religion or gender.
Guidelines for sponsorship funding submission
In order to ensure that sponsorship funds are being allocated in keeping with organizational goals, each application undergoes a full review by the sponsorship committee. Requests must be received 90 days in advance of the event date, and we ask that you allow a 45-day response window for your sponsorship request.
Adventist Health Portland will limit the support provided to a maximum of one request per organization per year unless an exemption is made by the sponsorship committee. Requests for in-kind support (i.e., health screenings, promotional items/giveaways, etc.) will be assigned a monetary value and considered part of Adventist Health Portland's contribution to an organization.