A gastroenterologist is a physician who specializes in the health of the digestive system. They can help patients who deal with issues such as acid reflux, stomach ulcers and more. At Adventist Health Ukiah Valley, our gastroenterologists specialize in the care and treatment of diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Their expertise in understanding how food moves through the digestive tract can help patients understand how nutrients are absorbed by the body and how their health concerns may be related. Our team of medical experts offers modern treatments that help patients reduce their pain and live in comfort.
Conditions we diagnose and manage include:
- Heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Chronic upset stomach
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Liver disease
- Digestive disorders such as celiac disease and lactose intolerance
- Pancreatic and gallbladder disease
- Rectal bleeding/pain
- Health screenings to check for colon cancer, liver health and esophageal disease
Your GI care team
Razi Arifuddin, MD
Stacie Bratcher, FNP