Mission and Spiritual Care
Committed to Providing Compassionate Holistic Care
Adventist Health White Memorial understands that spiritual care is an important part of the healing process. Our staff chaplains are pastors, who provide spiritual and emotional care with Christian compassion to our staff, patients and their families. They are trained to encourage meaningful and healthy use of an individual's spiritual beliefs and resources in the midst of an illness or crisis.
AHWM chaplains are on-call 24 hours, 7 days a week. Our spiritual care services include: bedside visits, spiritual counseling and support, crisis support, individual or group prayers, referrals to community clergy as needed, and worship and devotional services.
If you have a family member or friend in the hospital that you would like a chaplain to visit, or if you would like to contact the Mission and Spiritual Care Services office, please call (323) 260-5710 or send an e-mail to:
- Edgar Urbina - Director
- Erika Valenzuela, Sr Chaplain
- Roberto Vizcaino, Sr Chaplain/CPE Supervisor
- Judy Ines, Sr Administrative Assistant
If you want to learn more or donate to the Chaplain's Fund, which helps people in need, please read below.
Mission and Spiritual Care Services' Funds
Mission and Spiritual Care Services department oversees and handles the following Charitable Foundation Funds:
- Chaplain's Fund - Helps to spiritually support our community, patients and their families as well as other needs.
- Dupper Fund - Helps the needy in the community, as well as patients and their families who may be going through financial struggles.
- Employee Assistance Donation Fund - Helps provide financial help to AHWM employees in need.
We invite you to partner with us spiritually by donating to any of our Charitable Funds or by praying for our patients and staff.
To make an online donation: On the donation form, select a fund of your choice on the "Program" section.
For more information about the various funds pertaining to the Mission and Spiritual Care Services department, please call (323) 260-5710.