When you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you
The comfort of home and being surrounded by family and friends often promotes the healing process. That’s why Adventist Health offers skilled home health services to individuals with special needs who prefer to remain independent in their own homes.
A person with special needs may be getting older, chronically ill, recovering from surgery or disabled. To qualify for home health services, you must have a physician referral.
Our services are tailored to fit your specific needs. Our goal is to provide you with a full range of services that help you maintain your independence and dignity and that support your loved ones.
All of our staff have completed background checks, meet all licensed home health qualifications and are trained and supervised.
We work with Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance. Consult your insurance provider for the coverage they offer.
Types of services
Our home health programs offer a wide variety of services, from skilled nursing to home health aid. We work with you and your physician to develop a customized care plan tailored to your specific needs.
Patients who have recently undergone medical procedures, are recovering from illness or surgery, or have conditions that require medical monitoring could benefit from receiving skilled care at home. In-home skilled nursing can provide a variety of medical treatments and services, such as:
- Medication reminders and management
- Home infusion/intravenous medication
- Post-operative care
- Wound care
- Disease management education for the patient and their family
Personalized, effective therapy is an important part of the recovery process. Our home care programs offer several branches of therapy services for home bound patients, including:
- Occupational therapy
- Recover fine-motor skills of hands, fingers and arms
- Speech therapy
- Recover vital communication skills
- Learn and practice feeding and swallowing techniques
- Physical therapy
- Learn to use mobility aids such as walkers, wheelchairs, lifts and other equipment
- Develop personalized exercise programs to restore mobility and strength
Medical social services
Our home health social workers are dedicated to helping you get the most out of your medical care. They are pleased to assist with:
- Referral applications and placement
- Financial assessments
- Locating and obtaining community resources
- Advanced care planning
- Psychological/cognitive referrals and screenings
Specific home health services offered may vary by location. Contact your local Adventist Health organization for more information about the services provided in your area.
Eligibility & costs
Who is eligible for home health services?
Home health often costs less than traditional hospital or nursing care. To be eligible for home health, the patient must:
- Be home bound, or unable to leave their home without some degree of difficulty
- Require skilled care
- Have a referral or prescription for home care from their physician or qualifying healthcare facility
Is home health covered by insurance?
Most private insurance companies cover home health services prescribed by a physician. Medicare, MediCal, Medicaid, worker’s compensation and Veterans Services also offer coverage for home health. For copay costs and any services not covered by insurance, Adventist Health also accepts private payment.
How is home health set up?
If you’re interested in setting up home health services, simply contact your physician, healthcare provider or your local Adventist Health organization. Scheduling of visits will be determined by your physician and the skilled professionals who will be providing the home health services.