Flu Season Guidelines
In order to protect the health of our patients, visitors and staff, Adventist Health Lodi Memorial is limiting visitor access due to increased flu activity in our community.
- Visitors are limited to two per patient, except in the Labor and Delivery unit.
- Children 15 and younger are restricted from visiting patients unless they are the parent of the patient or visiting a new sibling in the OB department during sibling hours.
- Any visitor with a fever or cough should stay home.
- Exceptions may be made for certain circumstances such as end of life via approval of the hospital supervisor.
- In the rare circumstance that a visitor with flu‐like illness is permitted into the hospital, they must wear a mask at all times while in the hospital, go directly to the patient’s room and directly leave the hospital when the visit is complete.
- Visitors and patients should cough or sneeze into their sleeve, not into their hands.
- Visitors are required to wear personal protective equipment such as a gown, gloves, and a mask if visiting a patient in isolation.
- Visitors and patients are encouraged to clean their hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Hand hygiene must be done when entering and exiting the patient room. Flu prevention stations
- Flu prevention stations are available to visitors throughout the hospital. The stations include personal protective equipment, such as hand sanitizer and face masks, to help keep everyone safe.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask during the visit for their own safety, as well as the safety of our patients.