Texting Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions May Change
Adventist Health SMS Terms of Service
- Adventist Health will send you text messages with account notifications such as billing notifications (balance present, balance change), payment notices (payment failure, credit card expiration, payment options) and payment reminders.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text "STOP" to the short code. After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at 1-877-248-6441 or at email@example.com.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text "STOP" to the short code. After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
If you have any questions or comments or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program or if you have a concern about the way you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at 1-877-248-6441 or at email@example.com.
No Collection of Personal Information
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then we will promptly notify you in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
You understand that electronic communications may be accessed by unauthorized parties when communicated across the Internet, network communications facilities, or other electronic means. You agree that we are not responsible for any electronic communication and/or any of your data which may be lost, altered, intercepted or stored without authorization during the transmission of any data whatsoever across networks not owned and/or operated by us. We do not guarantee that your information will not be misused or disclosed to third parties. We will not have any liability to you for any such misuse or disclosure.
Except as required or allowed by law, we will not use or disclose your information for any purpose for which you refuse us consent or later withdraw your consent. If you withdraw consent, you agree that in spite of this withdrawal we may continue to use the information previously provided to us to the extent that we are legally or contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have to us.
Get Well’s text messaging service is provided by our partner, GetWell Mobile.
GetWell Mobile reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
GetWell Mobile may Change or Suspend Services.
GetWell Mobile and/or its clients may, at its sole discretion, terminate or suspend access to the Services or any portion thereof of any user for any reason.
These Texting Terms and Conditions are subject to change in GetWellNetwork, Inc.’s sole discretion.
- Introduction: When you opt in to the Get Well SMS messaging service (the “Service”), we will send you messages relating to the healthcare services offered to you by your healthcare provider including, but not limited to, appointment reminders and scheduling, vaccine reminders and information, maternity information and appointments, orthopedic information and appointments, behavioral/mental health information, and patient experience related messages.
- Cancellation: You can cancel your participation in the Service at any time by texting “STOP” to the number texted to you by your healthcare provider. When you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we reply with an SMS message that confirms that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you won’t receive any additional SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- Help: You can get more information at any time by texting “HELP” to the number texted to you by your healthcare provider. When you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we respond with instructions on how to use our service and how to unsubscribe. If you have questions about the Service provided by this short code, call us at 888.496.3375.
- Supported Carriers: We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, US Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Fees: Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Monthly message frequency may vary. Contact your wireless provider for more information about your text plan or data plan.
- Disclosures: GetWellNetwork, Inc., its directors, officers, principals, employees, contractors and agents are not healthcare providers, and do not practice medicine or recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information or content that may be contained in, linked to, or communicated through the Service or any related Get Well product. Always consult your qualified healthcare provider regarding a medical condition, diagnosis, or treatment. Never disregard your physician’s advice based on information you obtain through the Service or any related Get Well product. You assume the sole risk of using the Service.
- Third Party Resources: In the course of using this Service, you may be provided with links to external third party websites. Such materials are provided for educational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Get Well makes no representations, warranties or other commitments about any non-Get Well websites or third-party resources that may be referenced, linked, or otherwise made accessible via the Service.
- Disclaimers: EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TEXTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY COMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE THROUGH IT, IS MADE AVAILABLE TO PATIENT ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’ AND WITHOUT OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE FROM GETWELLNETWORK, INC. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, GETWELLNETWORK, INC., ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PRINCIPALS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT:
- THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT AND LINKS, COMMUNICATIONS OR INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE AND ANY RELATED GET WELL PRODUCT.
- ANY MEDICAL OR OTHER TREATMENT, ACTION, PROTOCOL, OR CARE PLAN; ANY MEDICINE OR MEDICAL DEVICE; ANY SUPPLEMENT OR OTHER SUBSTANCE, WHETHER INGESTED OR OTHERWISE USED OR APPLIED; OR ANY TREATMENT DISCUSSED OR REFERRED TO IN THE SERVICE OR ANY RELATED GET WELL PRODUCT.
- Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL GETWELLNETWORK, INC., ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PRINCIPALS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM THE USE OF COMMUNICATIONS OR INFORMATION RECEIVED OR AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICE OR ANY RELATED GET WELL PRODUCT, ANY LINKED INFORMATION OR THE CONTENT THEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT GETWELLNETWORK, INC., AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PRINCIPALS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Indemnity: You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless GetWellNetwork, Inc., its partners, clients, employees, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, penalties, settlements, judgments, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from (i) any content that you submit or post via the Service; (ii) your use of the Service; (iii) your violation of these Texting Terms and Conditions; and (iv) any violation or failure by you to comply with all laws and regulations in connection with the Service.
Need to contact customer support?
Available 24/7: 888-GWN-DESK (888-496-3375)
Get Well Office Headquarters
7700 Old Georgetown Rd., 4th Floor
Bethesda, MD 20814, United States