Making A Difference
We are not currently accepting volunteer applications.
Volunteering has always been a proud tradition at Adventist Health Simi Valley, dating back to when the hospital opened its doors in 1965.
That same volunteer spirit that began more than five decades ago exists today and has made a tremendous difference in the lives of our patients, hospital guests and staff.
Each year, volunteers contribute thousands of hours of service, supporting essential hospital activities and providing other important community services.
Over the years, the Department of Volunteer Services has also contributed valuable dollars to assist with the purchase of medical equipment in the Emergency Department, Rehabilitation Therapies and Telemetry.
The Definition of a Volunteer
An Adventist Health Simi Valley volunteer is anyone who is willing to donate his or her time to help health care professionals with a variety of needs. Volunteers have unique talents and use them in their free time to benefit the hospital. Here are some of the ways volunteers help out on a daily basis:
- Greet and assist visitors at the front reception desk.
- Clerk in the Volunteer Gift Gallery.
- Assist nursing personnel.
- Aid Emergency Department staff in providing emotional comfort for those in need.
Volunteers can choose from among a variety of times and days of the week to provide service to the hospital. The Department of Volunteer Services will work with you to determine what is best for your schedule.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Step 1: Complete and submit an online application.
- Step 2: Obtain two personal references, using our personal reference forms.
- Step 3: Email completed personal reference forms to Janette Carver. Note: Your application will not be processed until personal reference forms have been submitted.
- Step 4: Once your application is complete, you will be notified of your placement on the waiting list. When you reach the top of the list, someone will contact you to set up an interview.
Adventist Health Simi Valley also has a Junior Volunteer program.
The Benefits of Volunteering at Adventist Health Simi Valley
Here are some of the benefits of volunteering at Adventist Health Simi Valley:
- Volunteers receive a free meal in the hospital cafeteria or The Market for every four hours worked.
- Volunteers are acknowledged annually at a special banquet in their honor.
- Volunteers receive a 10% discount on all gift items in the hospital gift shop.
- Volunteers are invited to the social events planned by the hospital.