Weight Management Program
Support & services for comprehensive weight management
Get started today! Call (805) 577-8460 and press “3” to start your journey toward better health through weight management.
If you struggle to maintain a healthy weight, we can help. We understand how difficult it can be to lose weight and keep it off. Our compassionate approach to weight management offers you a comprehensive program in a supportive environment where you can get off the weight-loss roller coaster and reclaim your health.
Why choose Adventist Health for weight management?
Our goal is to provide you with a nurturing experience that bolsters your feelings of self-esteem. We offer you plenty of encouragement along with a medically proven program to help you shed pounds and feel good about yourself again.
Exceptional patient experience
The team members at Adventist Health are dedicated to ensuring that every patient in our program has a positive experience that exceeds expectations.
As a participant in our weight management program, you will benefit from:
- Personalized weight-loss plans: You are unique and so is your weight-loss program at Adventist Health. We start with a comprehensive evaluation of your physical condition and emotional mindset and then move forward to craft a program that nourishes both your body and your soul with just the services you need.
- Multiple weight-loss surgery options: If surgery does become your best option, our skilled bariatric surgeons offer all three major types of bariatric procedures; Gastric Sleeve, Gastric bypass Roux-En-Y and Gastric Revision.
- Close medical supervision for related health conditions: Being overweight means you probably have other medical issues, like hypertension, diabetes and more. We closely oversee all your weight-related medical issues to provide comprehensive management of your health.
- Programs for adolescents and adults: Obesity often runs in families. That’s why we treat overweight people, from youths to adults.
- Treatment for mind and body: As we handle your physical weight management needs, we also want to help you find relief from the stress or depression that may influence your eating decisions. Count on our compassionate clinicians and support groups to help you manage the mental side of weight management.
Proven quality of care
People throughout Ventura County choose Adventist Health to help manage their weight because the quality of our care shines through in everything we do.
At Adventist Health, we have:
- Dedicated bariatric team:
- Dr.Lauren Poliakin is Medical Director of our Bariatrics and Weight Management program. She is board certified in General Surgery with Fellowship training in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery and board certified in Obesity Medicine. During her training, she developed a particular interest in obesity, surgical and medical weight management, laparoscopy, and robotic surgery.
- Dr. Andrea Pakula is the Medical Director of Robotics Surgery. She is a member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and performs all the weight loss options using advanced robotic technology and minimally invasive techniques. Her goal is to provide modern, evidence-based surgical care and to offer minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
- Specially trained program staff: Our team will support your journey and answer your questions along the way.
- Advanced robotic surgery: Recognized as a Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC), Adventist Health Simi Valley offers the most effective, least invasive surgical treatments available. This accreditation signals that our hospital is among the best in this specialty and is acknowledged for providing the highest quality of care and patient safety.
What to Expect: Robotic-Assisted Surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System
Get a second chance with bariatric surgery at Adventist Health
Living with obesity can be challenging, but we are here to help. If your body mass index (BMI) is greater than 30, research shows strong evidence that even a 10-percent weight loss can have a significant impact on improvement of weight-related health issues, such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Meet our team
Dr. Andrea Pakula
Medical Director of Robotics Surgery
Dr. Lauren Poliakin
Medical Director of Bariatrics and Weight Management
Director of Robotics Service Line
AHPN Practice Manager
Feel free to book a consultation with Dr. Poliakin or Dr. Pakula if you are overweight and have been diagnosed with any of these conditions:
- Diabetes or prediabetes
- Depression or stress-eating disorders
- Fatty liver
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Kidney problems
- Osteoarthritis or joint pain
- Postmenopausal weight gain
- Sleep apnea