Junior Volunteers Lend a Helping Hand
We are not currently accepting volunteer applications.
The junior volunteer program at Adventist Health Simi Valley is open to high school students between the ages of 14 and 18. Volunteering is a great way to make new friends, research a future career in the health care or medical field, and bring personal satisfaction by helping others in need.
Junior Volunteer Duties
Our junior volunteers help out in a variety of ways, including:
- Delivering flowers, cards and gifts to patients.
- Assisting various hospital departments with special needs.
- Running errands.
Junior volunteers must commit 2 to 4 hours of service per week in the summer months and at least 2 hours per week during the school term. Junior volunteers are assigned shifts upon completion of their orientation. Volunteer hours are accommodated around school, religious and family activities, as best as possible.
Junior Volunteer Perks
Junior volunteers receive a variety of benefits. Here are just a few:
- Eligibility for a scholarship for junior volunteers who are high school seniors and are interested in pursuing a career in the health care field.
- A free snack from the cafeteria.
- Invitation to the annual junior volunteer recognition and awards reception.
Becoming a Junior Volunteer
- Step 1: Complete and submit an online application.
- Step 2: Obtain two personal references, using our personal reference forms.
- Step 3: Have your parent or guardian sign the parental approval form.
- Step 4: Complete the high school counselor checklist or submit your most recent report card (for applications during summer break only).
- Step 5: Email completed personal reference forms to
Note: Your application will not be processed until personal reference forms have been submitted.
- Step 6: Once your application is complete, you will be notified of your placement on the waiting list. When you reach the top of the list, someone will contact you to set up an interview.
For more information on becoming a junior volunteer, please call the Department of Volunteer Services at (805) 955-6958.