MyChart Virtual Visits
When you schedule a virtual visit with your provider for on or after March 12, 2023, you'll start your visit through your OHSU Health MyChart secure online portal. Here are the steps to take to be ready.
Up to seven days before your visit
- Download the free Zoom app on your phone, tablet or computer.
- Visit OHSU's virtual visit preparation page for instructions and how-to videos.
- Test your sound, microphone and video at Zoom.us/Test.
- Complete your PreCheck-in (required) to update your medications, answer
questions about your health and save time during your virtual visit.
- Log in to MyChart.
- Go to Visits.
- Tap your appointment.
- Tap PreCheck-In.
At least 15 minutes before visit
Check in electronically at least 15 minutes before your visit. Many people find they need more time, so please give yourself plenty.
- Log into MyChart.
- Complete your PreCheck-In if you haven’t already. (You can do this up to seven days before your visit. See above.)
Join your visit
- Fifteen minutes prior to your appointment, tap the “Join video visit” icon (if you haven't already downloaded Zoom, you will be prompted to do so).
- You will automatically enter a virtual waiting room. Your provider will join you there.
A provider must be licensed in the state where a patient is physically located at the time of visit. If you think you’ll be outside of Oregon at the time of your visit, please contact your clinic.
Please do not join your virtual visit while operating a motorized vehicle. Your provider may ask you to reschedule if you do so.
- Call 833-895-3603 if you need technical support.