Proxy Access to Others' MyChart
How to share access to MyChart between families and caregivers
Sharing medical information can be a convenient way for parents and caregivers to help their loved ones. To protect patient information, you must take simple steps to share access with others.
If you do not have a MyChart account of your own, you will need first to create your own account even if you are not a patient with Adventist Health Portland. Then you can log in and set up a proxy account for your child or family member. Please speak with someone at your provider’s office via phone or during an appointment to get an activation code to begin this simple process.
How do I get MyChart for my child, parent or other person?
Children 12 and younger: Parents/guardians need a MyChart account of their own, then they can add the child to their account and connect to their records. Only parents or legal guardians may request access to their child’s account. You can get proxy access online or by visiting or calling their provider’s office.
Children 13 and older: Children 13 and older must have their own MyChart account.
- Under age 15: Only parents or legal guardians may request access to the accounts of children under the age of 15. You can get proxy access online or by visiting or calling their provider’s office.
- Age 15 and older: For children 15 and older, the child must fill out and submit a release of information form to grant their parent/guardian access.
- Age 18: On your child’s 18th birthday, their MyChart automatically becomes an adult account. They will have to follow instructions for adult proxy access in order to restore your access to their MyChart, and a release of information will need to be filled out.
Adults: For you to gain parent or caregiver proxy access to another person’s medical information, the patient must fill out and submit a release of information form to grant your access.
Submitting a signed release of information form
Patients 15 and older must fill out and submit a signed release of information form.
AUTORIZACIÓN PARA USAR Y DIVULGAR INFORMACIÓN MÉDICA PROTEGIDA EN OHSU HEALTH MYCHART PARA PACIENTES DE ADVENTIST HEALTH PORTLAND
РАЗРЕШЕНИЕ НА ИСПОЛЬЗОВАНИЕ И РАСКРЫТИЕ ЗАЩИЩЕННОЙ МЕДИЦИНСКОЙ ИНФОРМАЦИИ В OHSU HEALTH MYCHART ДЛЯ ПАЦИЕНТОВ ADVENTIST HEALTH PORTLAND
使用和披露 OHSU HEALTH MYCHART 中 ADVENTIST HEALTH PORTLAND 患者的受保护健康信息授权
GIẤY CHO PHÉP SỬ DỤNG VÀ TIẾT LỘ THÔNG TIN SỨC KHỎE ĐƯỢC BẢO VỆ VỀ BỆNH NHÂN CỦA ADVENTIST HEALTH PORTLAND TRONG OHSU HEALTH MYCHART
Please print, fill out and sign the form. You may also request a form at the patient's next appointment.
To submit it:
- Via email: Scan or photograph the form as well as the patient’s government-issued ID. Save them as PDF or JPG files. Email all the files to AMCPMyChartSupport@AH.org.
- In person: Bring the completed form to the patient’s next clinic appointment.
Once I have been granted access, how do I view other people’s MyChart?
Once you have proxy access, you can view those additional health records from your own MyChart account. Just click the tab on the top right of your account to switch between accounts.