Cardiac Cath Lab
Cardiovascular diagnostics and treatments at Adventist Health Castle
Our state-of-the-art cardiac and vascular catheterization labs are outfitted with diagnostic imaging equipment. This allows us to clearly visualize your arteries and the chambers of your heart, as well as your blood vessels, enabling treatment of abnormalities for continuity of health.
Our cardiac cath lab encompasses a generous 800-plus square feet of space. It is a true hybrid room, meaning we are able to perform surgery immediately, should the need arise.
Our cardiac cath lab provides outpatient services from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We are on call 24 hours a day for admitted patients and emergency cases.
- Angiogram: An X-ray of the blood vessels that helps doctors diagnose conditions affecting the heart, brain, arms and legs.
- Coronary angiogram: uses X-ray imaging to see your heart's blood vessels. This test helps determine if there's a restriction in blood flow going to your heart.
- Peripheralangiogram: A test that uses X-rays and contrast dye to help your doctor find narrowed or blocked areas in one or more of the arteries that supply blood to your legs, feet, or in some cases, your arms and hands.
- Right and left heart catheterization: A procedure used to diagnose certain heart conditions.
- Electrophysiology (EP) Study: A test used to evaluate your heart's electrical function and to check for abnormal heart rhythms.
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI): Also called angioplasty, this procedure opens a narrow or blocked artery of the heart.
- Complex PCI, including chronic total occlusion and multiple vessel interventions: The opening of a blockage, in the heart or extremities, that is chronic and not operable.
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD): A device that recognizes fatal arrhythmias in the heart and emits defibrillation shocks to pace the heart when it beats too slowly.
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT): A procedure to implant biventricular devices.
- Pacemaker insertion: The placement of a device into your chest or abdomen to help control abnormal heart rhythms.
- Electrophysiology (EP) Ablation: A procedure performed to evaluate and treat cardiac arrhythmias, or abnormal heart rhythms.
- Heart rhythm management
To view a list of cardiology physicians connected with Adventist Health Castle, click this list of our cardiologists.
Adventist Health Castle
Fill out the form to request an appointment
By providing your details, you agree to receive communications such as annual appointment reminders, health education materials, event information and other notifications from Adventist Health.
For more information, you can read our privacy policies in the footer below.