Joint and Spine Center
Orthopedic surgery in Kailua
Adventist Health Castle’s Joint and Spine Center was the first center in Hawaii dedicated to hip and knee replacement procedures and the first to invest in robotic technology for knees. We are now the only center on O’ahu offering the NAVIO robotics-assisted surgical system for both total and partial knee replacements.
Castle also provides a full range of surgical spine options including:
- Minimally invasive laminectomy
- Artificial disc replacement
We have expanded to offer the latest in shoulder, hip, ankle and hand surgeries as well.
Staffed by specially trained nurses, therapists and other professionals, the Joint and Spine Center offers a personalized treatment program in a healthy, active environment to help speed recovery.
Helping you overcome joint pain
Living with spine, hip, knee, shoulder or other joint pain? Attend one of our free seminars to learn more about your treatment options. Our orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeon and others will be discussing treatment options to help you live a healthier and more active lifestyle.
We provide a full range of surgical services, and our team of experts can get you back to your daily routine and active lifestyle. We look at your unique situation and work with you to make a plan for healing that takes everything into consideration and uses a multidisciplinary approach.
We are the first hospital in Hawaii recognized as a Blues Distinction Plus Center for Hips and Knees. We are especially proud to score high in patient satisfaction — because how you feel about your care matters.
What we offer
Our highly skilled orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeon offer a wide range of surgical interventions and the latest techniques to help restore you to the lifestyle you deserve. Many surgeries are minimally invasive so you return to your full function faster with less healing time.
- Shoulders: total shoulder and reverse total shoulder replacements
- Knees: total knee and partial knee
Minimally invasive surgery:
Arthroscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure for joint, tendon or nerve injuries. During your surgery, your surgeon will treat the damaged tissue using an arthroscope. This tool includes a miniature camera, lighting and surgical instruments, which means many surgeries can be performed though a button-hole sized incision.
The Adventist Health Castle Joint and Spine Center’s arthroscopic procedures include:
Back and neck conditions that can be treated include:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal compression fractures
The center’s specialized care includes:
- A joint and spine navigator dedicated to helping you both before and after surgery
- Comprehensive pre-op education class prior to surgery with nurses and physical therapists
- Private rooms for a healing environment
- Complimentary flowers from our staff and physicians
- Case managers to assist with equipment and services you may need after you’re discharged
- Individualized physical therapy treatment plan
- Convenient, free parking
Adventist Health Castle in the News
- To most recent commercial
- To most recent Living 808
- Living 808 NAVIO Robotic Surgical system for knees
- Living 808 on Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Living 808 on Aging Actively
For more information, speak with our nurse navigator by calling (808) 263-5220 or by filling out the form below.
Adventist Health Castle
Fill out the form to request an appointment
By providing your details, you agree to receive communications such as annual appointment reminders, health education materials, event information and other notifications from Adventist Health.
For more information, you can read our privacy policies in the footer below.