Comprehensive Spine Care Program
Getting you back to the things you love
Adventist Health Castle’s Joint and Spine Center is known for offering comprehensive care, including medical solutions along with cutting-edge surgical treatments for a full range of conditions impacting the neck and back.
Our expert team is lead by neurosurgeon William Beringer, DO and supported by a multidisciplinary team of specialty trained nurses, therapists and other health professionals in the Joint and Spine Center. The team is driven by a dedication to excellence, all while offering patients a personalized treatment plan in a healthy, active environment designed to speed recovery.
Minimally invasive surgery. Maximum patient benefits.
Compared to traditional approaches, minimally invasive surgery offers patients many benefits aiding in a more rapid recovery, due in part to the minimally invasive surgery approach through an incision of about 1 inch and leveraging muscle-sparing techniques, which results in patients being up and moving within hours of surgery versus days.
Award winning spinal care
Adventist Health Castle has earned national recognition for our quality of care with the Healthgrades Specialty Excellence Awards designation of the Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery, which recognizes hospitals with superior performance in spinal surgery. Our experience and advanced treatments mean we’re able to care for even the most complex cases. That’s why, there is no need to leave the Windward O’ahu community for outstanding clinical care and outcomes.
Spinal pain causes and treatments
Spine problems and back or neck pain in adults can begin from a variety of causes – from a spinal cord injury to degenerative disc disease that occurs over time. Arthritis can even cause adult scoliosis – a curvature of the spine that is typically screened for in childhood.
At Adventist Health Castle Joint and Spine Center, we work with you to determine the cause of your pain and determine the best treatment course to take.
Advanced care for the cervical (neck) and/or lumbar (lower back) spine include:
- Minimally invasive laminectomy
- Artificial disc replacement
Back and neck conditions that can be treated include:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal compression fractures
You were made for more life
Chronic or severe back pain can keep you from doing the things you love most. At Adventist Health Castle Joint and Spine Center, we don’t just provide solutions for pain relief, our desire is to help patients get back to more of what they were made for.
We commit to our patients to:
- Get you in quickly (we always have time for new patients)
- Provide you advanced treatments, whether non-surgical or surgical
- Minimize the time you spend under anesthesia, lessening risks and speeding recovery
- Help you navigate every stage in the care process, from diagnostic imaging tests, steroid injections, physical therapy, surgery or all of these and more
Our specialized care for when you need it most
Your experience at Adventist Health Castle Joint and Spine Center is supported with these resources:
- A joint and spine navigator dedicated to helping you both before and after surgery
- Comprehensive pre-op education class prior to surgery with nurses and physical therapists
- Private rooms for a healing environment
- Complimentary flowers from our staff and physicians
- Case managers to assist with equipment and services you may need after you’re discharged
- Individualized physical therapy treatment plan
- Convenient, free parking
Adventist Health Castle
Fill out the form to request an appointment
By providing your details, you agree to receive communications such as annual appointment reminders, health education materials, event information and other notifications from Adventist Health.
For more information, you can read our privacy policies in the footer below.