Imaging & Radiology
State-of-the-art imaging services from caring and professional radiologists
Radiologic Technologists and Radiologists use state-of-the-art equipment that provides high quality imaging procedures in a professional and compassionate environment.
The Imaging Services Department at Adventist Health and Rideout provides a complete range of medical imaging procedures in general radiology and subspecialty areas such as CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Interventional Radiology and Nuclear Medicine.
Radiologic Technologists and Radiologists use state-of-the-art equipment that provides high quality imaging procedures in a caring environment.
Types of imaging we offer
In general radiology, x-rays are used to create images of the body's internal structures. General radiology is commonly used to direct problems with bones, lungs and other internal structures. These diagnostic x-rays use small amounts of radiation that pass through the specific area(s) of interest. Radiation in these quantities is generally considered very safe.
Mammography is performed by dedicated California licensed and registered technologists. We are a fully accredited facility. Diagnostic Imaging provides a full range of services for sophisticated assessment of breast disease, including:
- Breast Ultrasound
- Full Field Digital Mammography
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
The Center for Women’s Imaging, a partnership with Sutter Buttes Imaging, LLC offers: 3D Tomosythesis, Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy and Bone Densitometry for Osteoporosis and a designated Patient Navigator.
Bone Densitometry is an accurate, painless and quick way to measure bone density. And, if necessary, it helps radiologists to recommend the most proper course of prevention or treatment.
The Center for Women’s Imaging, a partnership with Sutter Buttes Imaging, LLC offers: 3D Tomosythesis, Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy and Bone Densitometry for Osteoporosis and a designated Patient Navigator
Although most General Radiography exams are available to outpatients on a walk-in basis without an appointment; Contract Enhanced exams (UGI, BE, IVP's, etc) and complex procedures may need to be scheduled prior to arrival.
Adventist Rideout Health has a long tradition of excellence in Nuclear Medicine Imaging. The recent installation of a new Gamma Camera System has allowed for the upgrading of pre-existing services and the addition of several new services.
In our effort to offer the most cutting-edge medical imaging technology we have selected both of Siemens Nuclear Medicine flagship gamma camera systems:
- Symbia EVO SPECT Camera: This system utilizes a high-capacity patient bed, a 30% larger patient opening and highly flexible scanning components. These features are optimized to accommodate obese or critically ill patients and increase the variety of applications, providing comprehensive imaging configurations for general purpose, cardiology, oncology and neurology studies.
- Intevo Excel SPECT- CT Camera: The Symbia EVO SPECT-CT enhances physicians' ability to detect tumors and cardiac diseases by integrating the functional sensitivity of a SPECT gamma camera system and the detailed anatomical information of a CT system. This results in a more precise, more reliable diagnosis.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
MRI is one of the safest, most comfortable ways to obtain clear, detailed pictures of the inside of the human body without the use of x-rays, surgery or biopsy. MRI scans are painless for the patient and offer such accurate images that physicians can often obtain as much information from the MRI scan as if they were looking directly at the tissue.
Our commitment to patient centered care continues with this MRI offering an array of features that boost image quality, patient care and productivity. Now we can do more, better and see things more clearly than ever while reaching a new level of patient comfort and performance.
- Vantage Titan 1.5T: Built to increase patient comfort the ultra-short, ultra-wide, open bore MRI provides ample room for patients especially those with claustrophobia. These are just some of the many benefits of this industry leading system: accommodates patients up to 440Lbs, 70% of all exams can be done feet first with the patient’s head comfortably outside the bore, Pianissimo technology reduces imaging noise by 90% and it has the industry's largest clinical field of view.
Ultrasound is the use of high frequency sound waves to create images from within the body. By using these sound waves, images can be obtained from a variety of internal organs and structures. Ultrasound is utilized in studies of the major organs, the heart, blood vessels, and in obstetrics where the unborn fetus can be observed.
Our Sonographers are all graduates of accredited Ultrasound schools and are registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
Our advanced trained and credentialed team of Ultrasound sonographers have years of experience with Ultrasound imaging and work in conjunction with our board-certified Radiologists to use a vast array of imaging procedures from the embryo to the elderly – ensuring that they are providing our patients with the best possible medical care.
- Trophon Unit: We offer the Trophon unit which is the state of the art high level disinfecting system. This offers highly officiate ultrasound probe disinfection in 7 minutes. Where other ultrasound departments use glutaraldehyde to sterilize probes, we have this superior hydrogen peroxide unit that eliminates all forms of microbial life. There is a new study that shows that the Trophon is the first high level disinfection system for ultrasound probes that is effective against high-risk, cancer causing strains of Human Papilloma Virus.
- Toshiba Aplio 500: This system overcomes the challenges of conventional ultrasound and delivers picture-perfect images with unprecedented resolution and detail.
- All STAT reports available within ONE hour
- Small Parts: Testicle, Thyroid, and Superficial Anatomy
- Breast: Biopsy, Wire Localization, Cyst Aspiration, Palpable Lumps, Breast Pain and Post Mammogram Investigation
- IR: Paracentesis, Thoracentesis, Liver Biopsy, and Thyroid FNAs
Computerized Tomography (Cat Scan)
With Adventist Health and Rideout's goal of the highest patient care possible we selected two systems that lead the industry while focusing on exactly that. Using state of the art technology for metal artifact reduction, iterative reconstruction algorithms, adaptive collimation and countless integrated safety measures we deliver the highest quality images while lowering radiation dose.
- Aquilion ONE 640 Slice: This advanced diagnosis imaging system revolutionizes patient care because it reduces diagnosis time for life threating disease like stroke and heart disease. The AQ One CT system can scan organs including heart, brain and others in one rotation. This reduces exam time as well as radiation dose to the patient. It has new built in feature the AIDR 3D enhanced for best image quality and reduces the dose to the patient. SEMAR (single energy metal artifact reduction) reduces metallic artifact improving visualization of implants and supporting bones. We are excited to offer additional protocols of brain perfusion and dynamic joint CT.
- Aquilion PRIME 160 Slice: The industry's only 80 detector row CT scanner. With the technology of the Aquilion ONE, the PRIME is capable of reconstructing 160 unique slices with every rotation of the gantry and incorporates a host of ergonomic and automated features to streamline productivity and deliver the highest quality images while lowering radiation dose. Sporting a large 78cm bore and the industry's widest couch at 47cm this camera can accommodate patients up to 660Lbs.
Adventist Health and Rideout Hospital
726 4th Street, Marysville
To schedule an appointment: Call our scheduling team at (530) 751-4773 or Fax your order to (530) 751-4782
All patients with urgent imaging needs will be accommodated that day.