Helping patients recover from chronic and infected wounds
At any given time, almost six million Americans suffer from chronic wounds. Some wounds are associated with complications from diabetes and other related vascular disorders, while others are caused by pressure or trauma. These wounds can cause severe health risks and may result in life-threatening infections, possible amputation and debilitating health conditions.
With the treatment available at Adventist Health Tillamook's outpatient therapy services, however, people with slow-healing wounds can have hope. Our comprehensive approach can heal wounds that have resisted other treatments and can help you avoid loss of limbs, reduce the incidence of recurrence, and return you to a healthier and more productive life.
The path to healing
If you are a candidate for our outpatient program, our wound care nurse will work with you and your doctor to deliver:
- Advanced therapies
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your particular needs
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound-care specialists, including an RN case manager who will oversee every aspect of your healing plan
- Training for you and your family on caring for the wound at home, including dressing (bandage) changes and how to protect the wound from further injury
- Educational materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene and other key topics for you and your family
- Ongoing communication so that your primary care doctor can stay up to date on all aspects of your healing
Conditions we treat include
- Bed sores
- Diabetic foot problems
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, contact the outpatient therapy services staff directly at (503) 815-7510 or ask your physician to order a wound care consult for you.