Join Adventist Health Bakersfield
You’re made for more fulfillment
More career opportunities
You were made for more. More connections. More community spirit.
At Adventist Health Bakersfield, our associates have a unique opportunity to enjoy living in a generous and giving community while working for an innovative health company that provides the latest medical advances to Kern County. We are dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients, associates and entire communities. We believe in caring for every person – mind, body and spirit. Our patients are not numbers, they are our families, friends and neighbors.
Learn how love is part of our work
Our deep roots in Kern County reflect more than a century’s worth of providing exceptional, faith-based health care services. We are consistently ranked as the region’s Most Preferred Hospital. With a central location and access to some of the most affordable housing on the west coast, it’s no surprise that Adventist Health Bakersfield is helping to pave the way for community growth.
Why choose Adventist Health Bakersfield
We are proud to serve a community of 500,000 residents with an extraordinary team of world-class physicians, top-notch medical technology, caring professionals and award-winning quality. Services include emergency, heart care, brain and spine, home health, hospice, intensive care, cancer care, obstetrics, orthopedics, surgical services and robotics and the close-to-home care provided by the Adventist Health Physicians Network of primary and specialty clinics.
- 254-bed acute care hospital
- Over 20 primary & specialty care offices
- Four advanced outpatient imaging centers
- Two mobile medical units
- Comprehensive cancer center
- Wound care center
- Wellness center
- Bariatric surgery COE
- PT Solutions physical therapy clinics
- Robotic surgery
- Four outpatient rehabilitation clinics
Living in Bakersfield
From the moment you step into Bakersfield, you’ll find a community that gives back to you. Bakersfield's quality of life is hard to match. As one of America's fastest growing cities, the benefits of living in Bakersfield include:
- Some of the most affordable housing on the West Coast.
- An average high temperature of 77 degrees and 223 sunny days a year.
- A variety of education options including a Division I state university, several junior colleges, and more than 200 K-12 schools.
- Central location — it's just a few hours' drive away from Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks, the Central California Coast and Southern California’s great sports, theaters, concerts and amusement parks.
In addition to great people, fantastic year-round weather, top-notch schools, and proximity to just about everything, you'll find a community that is garnering national attention.
- Ranked #1 large metro for annual economic growth rate in the nation.
- Ranked #1 for rate of manufacturing/construction jobs gains in the nation.
- Ranked #1 for home price appreciation in California.
- Ranked the #2 metro for job growth in the nation.
- Ranked #2 best performing large metro in California.
- Ranked #3 most competitive major metro in the nation.
Learn more about Bakersfield
Current employees must use the careers portal, accessible on Connect, to view and apply for open positions. This single sign on feature will create a profile for you using information pulled from Oracle.