Lifesaving Heart Attack and Cardiac Care
Adventist Health Bakersfield Heart Institute
When it comes to matters of the heart, Adventist Health Bakersfield is the No. 1 choice in Kern County. Whether you’re having a heart attack, undergoing complex heart surgery or recovering from a procedure, our award-winning team of highly trained professionals is focused on taking care of you and your heart. As a top heart hospital our cardiac care teams are ready for emergencies around-the-clock.
We call it our Heart Institute. No matter how you arrive at the hospital, our experienced staff is specially trained to quickly diagnose your heart condition. If you’re having a heart attack, our cardiac alert team — composed of cardiologists and other cardiac caregivers — comes alive. With expert caregivers and advanced technology like our digital cath lab suites, the heart center team is ready when you need us.
Here's what makes our heart program different:
- A cardiac alert team available 24/7/365 in our award-winning nationally accredited Chest Pain Center
- Comprehensive program that includes everything from emergency and surgical services to cardiac rehab
- A patient navigator who works specifically with our heart patients through each step of their journey
- Being the first hospital in Kern County to have both a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center and Heart Attack Receiving Center under one roof
- Becoming the first and only American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) accredited Cardiac Rehab program in Kern County
- Being one of only two hospitals in California to receive four, 5-Star Awards for Heart Care from Healthgrades for heart attack, heart failure, defibrillator procedures and pacemaker procedures
Looking for a cardiologist? Review our featured heart doctors or search by location.
If you are having a heart attack, immediately call 911 and ask the ambulance to take you to Adventist Health Bakersfield—a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center and Heart Attack Receiving Center.