The heart of a volunteer cannot be replicated. They bring comfort and joy to those being cared for during difficult times of hospitalization. Our volunteers are acutely aware that the individuals in our hospital beds aren’t just patients: they’re family, friends and neighbors in need of a helping hand. Our volunteers often describe the work they perform as both fulfilling and heartwarming. Through the work they do and joy they bring to patients, visitors and staff, volunteers truly capture our mission of “Living God’s love by inspiring, health, wholeness and hope.” The selfless individuals who give their time, energy and talents to our community hospital embody the best humanity has to offer. We are thrilled you’re considering becoming part of our team.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Increased sense of community and sharing your skills with others.
- Committing to help build something bigger than yourself.
- Partnership with your local hospital to contribute to high-quality healthcare in your community.
- Complimentary meal at the Café on the day of your shift.
- Complimentary annual flu vaccine and TB testing.
- Non-medical assistance to patients and their families.
- Support the need of the department to allow the medical team to focus on patient care.
- Assist in non-direct patient care office areas.
The Gift Gallery
The boutique-style gift shop at Adventist Health Bakersfield and Delano is where volunteers help customers find that special gift or delicious snack.
Must be 18 years of age or older. Volunteers support our patients by assisting in the business office or making personal visits to our patients’ homes. Please contact Adventist Health Home Care at (661) 863-2160 for more information.
Must be 21 years of age or older. Volunteers help ease stressful situations that can arise from an ER visit. The volunteers for this program will offer non-medical assistance to patients and their families, allowing ER staff to focus on patient care.
Pet Therapy Program
Volunteers and their certified therapy dogs provide comfort and puppy love visiting with our patients, visitors and staff.
Adult applicants and high School applicants, click the buttons below for additional information and to apply.