Junior Volunteer Program
Do you know someone in high school between the ages of 15–18 years old who is interested in the medical field or looking for a way to give back to the community? Enrolling as a junior volunteer at Adventist Health Bakersfield, Adventist Health Delano or Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley could be the program for them!
Adventist Health Bakersfield offers two Junior Volunteer sessions per year
- Winter/Spring (December-May): Applications are available online and due by the last business day of September each year.
- Summer/Fall (June-November): Applications are available online and due by the last business day of March of each year.
Junior Volunteer Eligibility Requirements
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Attending High School
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
No former volunteer experience is required. However, we expect all junior volunteers to be mature, dependable and committed to their duties.
Are you ready to start volunteering and becoming part of the Adventist Health team?
Please review the following:
- Commit to a once a week 3-hour shift for a minimum of 6 months
Requirements prior to starting in the volunteer program:
- Authorize a background check for all applicants 18 years of age or older
- Complete orientation/compliance training
- Agree to have a Tuberculous Test (TB skin test, TSPOT/blood draw or chest x-ray)
- Provide your complete immunization record
- Agree to receive the annual flu vaccine during flu season
- Provide verification of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine
- High School Students must provide the most recent report card
- High School Students must provide a teacher recommendation
If you find the above requirements will work for you, please click on the link below to complete the application.
Note: Junior Volunteer Applicants will be notified by email after the application deadline. If an applicant applies after the deadline the application will be on hold until the next session. See deadline for applications above.