Community Advisory Council
Adventist Health Bakersfield wants your help. We're seeking for community members to serve on our Community Advisory Council. If you or someone in your family has been a patient at the Hospital or our clinics during the past two years, you may be just who we're looking for! As an advisor, you can help shape patient care by sharing your experiences with hospital and clinic staff. You'll offer your viewpoint on:
- Personal experience on patient care
- Current processes and programs
- Services beneficial to the community
What is the Community Advisory Council?
The Community Advisory Council is a forum where current and former patients, family members, care givers and healthcare partners with a real hospital or clinic experience can share with healthcare partners their ideas, inputs and insights for purposes of enhancing the patients experience through patient and family centered care.
Vision: The Community Advisory Council is a forum where members of the Adventist Health Bakersfield community serve as partners and advisors to transform perception and experience for the community, patients, and associates.
- Establish a partnership with the community, patients, and family members
- Understand all members perspective and how healthcare activities influence their perception of experience and well-being
- Identify opportunities and solutions for transformation, innovation, and celebration to help improve care experience performance outcomes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and teams, recruit other members to serve as advisors, and participate in projects as requested
- Actively participate to achieve the council’s purpose
- 75% attendance at planned council meetings are encouraged
- Share experiences, stories, observations, and opinions as a council member
- Reach out broadly and listen to other community members, patients, and associates as opportunities arise
- Commitment to improving and transforming the care experience for all
- Respect the collaborative process and the forum to discuss issues
- Listen to and consider differing viewpoints, share ideas for care experience improvement and encourage other council members to do the same
- Share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way
- Work effectively with other council members and the organization’s community members in identifying, promoting, and ensuring a focus on creating the ideal experience
- Act as change agents to support the achievement of extraordinary performance and experience
- Review materials prior to meeting so each member is prepared to actively ask questions, contribute ideas, and provide input
- Monitor their area of expertise and bring status reports, ideas, feedback, concerns, and/or needs to the council meeting
- Maintain confidentiality of meeting content and sign Adventist Health confidentiality agreement
Occurrence: Every other month
Duration: 1.5 hours
Tentative Time: 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Adventist Health Bakersfield
Board Room in the MOB Building
2615 Chester Avenue
Your voice can help us improve quality of care and enhance our patient experience. To apply, please click and fill out the form or call (661) 863-3629 for more information. As there are limited seats on the Council, applications that don’t make the initial selection will be kept and considered if an opening becomes available. All qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Let us know how we can improve!
As a Community Advisory Council member, you will have the opportunity to impact the lives of those within our community.
In 2022, Adventist Health Bakersfield provided approximately:
- 84,710 Total Clinic Visits
- 65,317 Emergency Department Visits
- 13,626 Surgical Visits and Procedures
- 10,603 Inpatient Admissions
...and much more!
All qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.