Weight Management Program at Adventist Health Bakersfield
Support and services for comprehensive weight management
If you struggle to maintain a healthy weight, we can help. We understand how difficult it can be to lose weight and keep it off. Our compassionate approach to weight management offers you a comprehensive program in a supportive environment where you can get off the weight-loss rollercoaster and reclaim your health for good.
Why choose Adventist Health for weight management?
We understand you may feel self-conscious about your size. Some people may feel like a failure if they have tried unsuccessfully to lose weight in the past.
Our goal is to provide you with a nurturing experience that bolsters your feelings of self-worth. We offer you plenty of encouragement along with a medically proven program to help you shed pounds and feel good about yourself again.
Exceptional patient experience
The team members at Adventist Health are dedicated to ensuring that every patient in our program has a positive experience that exceeds expectations.
As a participant in our weight management program, you will benefit from:
- Personalized weight-loss plans: You are unique and so is your weight-loss program at Adventist Health. We start with a comprehensive evaluation of your physical condition and emotional mindset and then move forward to craft a program that nourishes both your body and your soul with just the services you need.
- No program fees: We want to help you get healthy, so we don’t charge a fee for certain items not covered by insurance. Call us to learn more.
- No hard sell: We don’t rush you into weight-loss surgery. First we want to try to help you lose weight through a medically supervised program that consists only of nonsurgical approaches to weight loss.
- Multiple weight-loss surgery options: If surgery does become your best option, our skilled bariatric surgeons offer all three major types of bariatric procedures.
- Close medical supervision for related health conditions: Being overweight means you probably have other medical issues, like hypertension, diabetes and more. We closely oversee all of your weight-related medical issues to provide comprehensive management of your health.
- Programs for all ages: Obesity often runs in families. That’s why we treat overweight people of all ages, from youths to adults.
- Treatment for mind and body: As we handle your physical weight management needs, we also want to help you find relief from the stress or depression that may influence your eating decisions. Count on our compassionate clinicians and support groups to help you manage the mental side of weight management.
Proven quality of care
People throughout Kern County choose Adventist Health to help manage their weight because the quality of our care shines through in everything we do.
At Adventist Health, we have:
- A dedicated bariatrician: Dr. Amira Ayad is board certified in obesity medicine and oversees our weight management program.
- Specially trained program staff: Our certified bariatric RNs will support your journey and answer your questions along the way.
- An accredited weight management program: Our bariatric program is accredited by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. We also are a Blue Distinction Center for bariatric surgery.
- Extensive experience: Adventist Health Bakersfield performs more weight-loss surgeries than any other facility in Kern County.
- A history of caring: For more than 12 years, we have provided weight-loss services to our community. We want you to enjoy a high quality of life, free from the health concerns of being overweight.
Learn more about weight management at Adventist Health
Please come to one of our free weight-loss information seminars to learn more about our comprehensive approach to weight management.
Or feel free to book a consultation with Dr. Ayad if you are overweight and have been diagnosed with any of these conditions:
- Diabetes or prediabetes
- Depression or stress-eating disorders
- Fatty liver
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Kidney problems
- Osteoarthritis or joint pain
- Postmenopausal weight gain
- Sleep apnea
Get started today! Call (661) 863-2580 to start your journey toward better health through weight management.