Resources for your cancer treatment
The team at Adventist Health Lodi Memorial is here to help, clinically and personally. Our team was built to care; we hope this page serves as a guide and resource to help you through the healing journey, one day at a time.
Your guide on this journey
We have a dedicated RN, Navigator focused on helping you on this path. Our navigator will reach out to you soon with next steps. Below you will find other links, questions and resources that may be referenced on this treatment path, you can bookmark this page for future help.
Questions to ask your surgeon about breast cancer:
- Is breast-conserving surgery (lumpectomy) an option for me?
- What are the positive and negative sides of breast-conserving surgery versus a mastectomy?
- Will you have to take out lymph nodes?
- If so, would you advise a sentinel lymph node biopsy?
- What side effects might lymph node removal cause?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Will I have stitches or staples or the surgery site? Will there be a drain (tube) coming out of the site?
- How do I care for the surgery site? Will I need someone to help me?
- Will I need a breast form (prosthesis)? If so, where can I get one?
- Do I need to stop taking any medications or supplements before surgery?
Questions to ask your radiation oncologist:
- What kind of cancer do I have?
- What is my clinical stage?
- Are my lymph nodes involved?
- What does the treatment plan involve?
- Do I need radiation therapy? If so:
- Radiation therapy before or after surgery?
- What is my prognosis?
- Is my current treatment plan for cure?
- Can I work during my treatment?
- Will I be able to be around my family?
- Will radiation therapy harm my children?
- What are the side effects?
- How will I feel during treatment?
Learn more about your oncologist here.