Caring for you and your baby
From prenatal care to childbirth and lactation education, Adventist Health Lodi Memorial’s maternal child department is here to help mom and family through the entire pregnancy and delivery process. Experienced nurses and lactation specialists are always available to make delivery as easy as possible and to answer the toughest questions. Our nurses and educated staff have many years of experience. Not only do they have advanced knowledge, they are a caring team who can and do anticipate every need.
Moms feel most secure having their babies at Adventist Health Lodi Memorial because:
- Every patient gets her own room with a private bathroom and shower
- Each room is inviting for dad, partner or support person, with a sleeper chair and flat-screen TV
- Family members can wait in a separate waiting area just outside the labor and delivery area
- Adventist Health Lodi Memorial delivers more than 1,000 babies every year
- You can take comfort in knowing that the nurse who begins helping you when you come in will stay with you until after your baby is delivered
- Doctors, nurses and educators provide high-quality medical care and personal attention throughout pregnancy, labor and delivery
Baby-Friendly USA and The Golden Hour
Adventist Health Lodi Memorial has one of the only labor and delivery centers in the region dedicated to implementing Baby-Friendly USA and The Golden Hour values that focus on the health benefits of breastfeeding and immediate contact between mother and baby.
Adventist Health Lodi Memorial believes the first hour after birth is in an important time for mother and baby to bond. The hospital encourages its babies to spend time with their mothers before they are even taken to be weighed and measured.
Blue Distinction® Center for maternity care
We have earned national recognition for our quality of care with the BlueCross and Blue Shield designation as a Blue Distinction® Center for maternity care, a distinction given to hospitals with expertise in providing high-quality specialty care.