Offering unparalleled imaging services
Nuclear medicine is a type of medical imaging that uses small amounts of radioactive material in the diagnosis or treatment of many diseases. Experience top-of-the-line nuclear medicine technology at Adventist Health Lodi Memorial.
We are proud to use the GE dual-head nuclear medicine camera. This state-of-the-art nuclear medicine equipment for both general and cardiac imaging will allow us to meet your nuclear medicine imaging needs while delivering unmatched image quality.
Common uses of nuclear medicine procedures include both imaging scans for analysis and therapies for treatment.
Imaging scans can be useful in analyzing:
- Kidney function
- Heart blood flow and function
- Lungs for respiratory and blood flow problems
- Inflammation in the gallbladder
- Bones for fractures, infection, arthritis and tumors
- The presence or spread of cancer in various parts of the body
- Intestinal blood loss
- Thyroid function
- Lymph nodes before surgery in patients with breast cancer or melanoma
- Abnormalities in children's esophagus, kidneys and intestines