Comprehensive Medication Management
Helping you understand your prescriptions while saving money and time
Taking specialty prescriptions can be complex. The Adventist Health pharmacy team is here to help you navigate the complexity of taking specialty prescription medications.
Our comprehensive medication management (CMM) program partners our medication experts – Adventist Health pharmacists – with you, your healthcare providers and your pharmacy to ensure that you are taking safe, effective and affordable medications.
Learn more about comprehensive medication management and if it is right for you: Call Adventist Health’s Fortify Market Pharmacy (916) 406-0188.
How does CMM work?
Participating in CMM is as simple as a phone call with our pharmacists and is offered at no cost to Adventist Health patients. You’ll gain peace of mind that you’re taking your medications correctly and get answers to questions about your medication and managing side effects.
You can also save money and time by working with an Adventist Health pharmacy to receive specialty medication and easy refills at the most affordable price available to you with fast and free home delivery. Our pharmacists can reduce the wait-time for our enrolled patients’ specialty medications, quickly get into contact with insurance providers for approval and significantly reduce out-of-pocket costs for our patient’s specialty medications.
The pharmacist working with you will notify your healthcare provider that you are participating in CMM as well as share details about your appointment so they are fully aware of what was discussed.
Who can benefit from CMM?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, CMM may be helpful for you:
- Do you take specialty medication(s) for one or more chronic diseases or rare illnesses?
- Do your specialty medication(s) require frequent follow-up and monitoring?
- Do you have trouble getting the specialty medication(s) you need from your pharmacy or insurance?
- Are you taking specialty medication(s) you feel are not working or make you sicker?
- Do you have questions or concerns about your specialty medication(s)?
As many as 70% of Americans take a prescription medication. Some of those are on a specialty medication, which may be expensive, require monitoring from a healthcare provider or be used to manage a rare, serious or chronic condition, such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, hemophilia, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), inflammatory bowel disease and hepatitis C.
The CMM program is for individuals who take a specialty medication, though the pharmacist can support you with any questions or concerns about all your medications.
Where CMM is offered
Comprehensive medication management is offered to patients who receive inpatient or outpatient care at these Adventist Health sites:
- Adventist Health Bakersfield
- Adventist Health Castle (Kailua, Hawaii)
- Adventist Health Clear Lake (Clearlake, CA)
- Adventist Health Feather River (Paradise, CA)
- Adventist Health Glendale
- Adventist Health Lodi Memorial
- Adventist Health Reedley
- Adventist Health and Rideout (Marysville, CA)
- Adventist Health Sonora
- Adventist Health St. Helena
- Adventist Health Ukiah Valley