Visiting Hours & Guidelines
To benefit the emotional health and healing of our patients, we encourage family and friends to visit their loved ones while in our care. Visiting hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
For the health and safety of patients and staff, all visitors must:
- Self-screen for signs of illness—including but not limited to a cough, sore throat or runny nose—and refrain from visiting if ill.
- Check in at the nurses' station before proceeding to the patient's room.
- Wear a sticker, which must remain visible at all times while in the facility.
- Abide by Adventist Health Sonora's Zero Tolerance Policy for physical and/or verbal abuse of staff, patients or visitors.
In the following departments, specific guidelines apply:
- Emergency Department: During periods of high volume, visitation is limited to one visitor per patient.
- Birth Center: Four visitors are allowed at a time per patient and must be 12 years of age or older, unless they are siblings of the child being born.
- ICU: Two visitors are allowed per patient and must be 12 years of age or older.
- Surgery: Two visitors are allowed per patient and must be 18 years of age or older.
Visitation guidelines are at the discretion of the nursing staff and may be modified or limited in certain situations, including for infection control and concerns with patient care and behavior. Please speak with a member of our staff if you have any questions. Thank you for your support and cooperation.