Advanced capabilities, compassionate caregivers — close to home
Urology services at Adventist Health Sonora include diagnosis and treatment for men and women with a disease or condition that affects the urinary tract, as well as men who have health concerns related to the reproductive organs. For most diagnoses, we offer an effective and convenient local alternative to larger, city hospitals for residents of Sonora and the entire Sierra Foothills region, including Angels Camp, Arnold and Jackson — and all of Tuolumne, Calaveras and Amador counties.
Because of the private nature of these areas of the body, people are often embarrassed or hesitant to seek help for urological problems. Waiting, however, can allow easily treatable conditions to get much worse — and in some cases, to become life-threatening. That’s why it’s important to see your primary care provider as soon as symptoms occur. Your provider can refer you to a urologist at Adventist Health Sonora.
Our board-certified urology specialists are committed to treating your health concern with personalized, compassionate care in a comfortable and private setting. You can rest assured that anything you share with your urologist and other medical professionals will be held in the strictest confidence. As part of Adventist Health Sonora, our clinic has access to an array of hospital services to support the care we provide, including laboratory services, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services and the Diana J. White Cancer Institute.
Why Choose Us for Your Urology Care?
We are committed to helping you return to good health and resume your normal lifestyle. Our program stands out in a number of ways:
- Physician specialists — We have a team of board-certified urology specialists that have done thousands of urological procedures.
- Our technology — Adventist Health Sonora is the only hospital in the region with a state-of-the-art da Vinci Xi robotic surgical system. Many urological procedures can be performed with minimally invasive techniques, which includes the use of the da Vinci robot. Minimally invasive surgery typically results in less pain, a shorter hospital stay, quicker recovery and other benefits. Read about one patient’s experience with life-saving robotic surgery.
- Close to home — Residents of Sonora and the entire Sierra Foothills region have convenient access to advanced urologic care at Adventist Health Sonora while avoiding the long drive, traffic congestion, parking problems, expense and other issues common to hospital care in larger cities. There is nothing like being able to get home quickly and easily after being discharged from the hospital.
- Whole-person care — The Adventist Health patient care philosophy encompasses the entire person — mind, body and spirit. We don’t just treat an illness — we treat you. That’s a difference you’ll see throughout your entire care experience.
- A network of support — Adventist Health Sonora has access to the resources of the Adventist Health system, composed of more than 20 hospitals, 250 clinics and 4,500 providers serving more than 80 communities on the West Coast and Hawaii.