Oncology (Cancer Care)
The compassionate cancer care you deserve
A cancer diagnosis can feel overwhelming, but you won’t navigate this journey alone. The Diana J. White Cancer Institute at Adventist Health Sonora supports you at every step, from accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment to ongoing follow-up care and survivorship support.
Our skilled providers assess your unique needs and create a personalized care plan.
Compassionate, expert treatment for cancer
The Diana J. White Cancer Institute at Adventist Health Sonora offers comprehensive cancer care, close to home. We provide the resources and clinical expertise of a leading health system to all of our patients, which is an extraordinary asset for our rural community. Our approach combines sophisticated technology with a warm, caring touch.
At the Diana J. White Cancer Institute, you’ll find:
- Expert, collaborative team: Our specialty-trained, board-certified physicians work together to provide the most appropriate treatment. You have access to many experts in one convenient location.
- Personalized treatment plan: These skilled providers assess your situation and create a personalized treatment plan that works best for you.
- Prompt care: We meet your needs with the urgency they deserve. Our team provides prompt diagnosis and treatment, so you get answers quickly and have the best chance of a positive outcome.
- Sophisticated facilities: You receive cancer treatment in a modern, comfortable environment where your needs are our top priority.
The Diana J. White Cancer Institute is one of only 16 cancer centers in California certified by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®). The QOPI® certification program recognizes high-quality care for outpatient hematology-oncology practices. In addition, Adventist Health hospitals and clinics are accredited by the Joint Commission. This accreditation recognizes that we meet the highest standards for safety and quality and are constantly improving patient care.
About the Diana J. White Cancer Institute
In 2015, George White gave a generous estate gift in honor of his late wife, Diana. The gift, estimated at over $3 million, was directed to benefit the Cancer Center at Adventist Health Sonora. “I am happy to make this estate gift to the medical center in her memory because I know it will help people in our community,” White said when making his generous gift. “That would have made Diana very happy.” To honor and recognize their substantial contribution, the Cancer Center was renamed the Diana J. White Cancer Institute when it opened its current location in the state-of-the-art Health Pavilion.
Today, Adventist Health Sonora gives you total cancer care, right here in the Sierra Foothills, in a breathtaking building with views across the Sierra foothills. With treatment options, technologies and expertly trained staff that rival any urban or academic cancer center, we provide a higher level of patient care that can only be found in the comfort of your hometown environment. We have the ability to support our patients throughout treatment — physically, emotionally, spiritually and even financially, with a team of caregivers who are already your family, friends, and neighbors, why place your trust anywhere else? Our compassion will bring you hope.
All care at Adventist Health is based on our pillars:
- Living God’s love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope: Every member of our team carries out this mission to deliver inclusive, personalized care.
- Future-forward approach: We treat the whole person — body, mind, spirit — to support your healing process.
- Partner in health: Our team offers expertise and resources to support you and your loved ones every step of the way.
Quality: We take the time to get your feedback and monitor outcomes, so we can continually seek out ways to improve the care you receive.
Types of cancer we treat
Our experienced, compassionate oncology specialists treat all types of cancer, including:
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Endometrial cancer/Ovarian/GYN
- Hematology (blood diseases)
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma/Hodgkins lymphoma
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Thyroid cancer
Our team of experts offers a full range of oncology services for all types and stages of cancer, including:
- Cancer diagnosis
- Radiation therapy
- Cancer surgery
- Prostate cancer
For more information, call the Diana J. White Cancer Institute at (209) 536-6940.