Diagnostic testing & comprehensive treatment options
At Adventist Health Sonora, we are doing all we can to prevent and treat heart and lung disease. Our cardiopulmonary services department is here to serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We offer a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for inpatient and outpatient referrals. The cardiopulmonary department provides comprehensive programs that combine the latest technology with modern equipment for the testing and treatment of cardiopulmonary and respiratory disorders.
Our team of registered and certified respiratory therapists and ECG technicians are caring professionals who specialize in providing specific treatments and tests. As a department, we are committed to quality, actively searching for the latest advanced technologies and always working to improve the services we offer.
Our cardiopulmonary services include:
- Aerosol therapy
- Airway management
- Blood-gas lab
- Expansion therapy
- Gas exchange monitoring and management
- Noninvasive ventilation
- Oxygen therapy
- Patient respiratory assessments
- PICC line insertion
- Pulmonary secretion management
- Respiratory medication administration
- Tracheotomy/endotracheal tube management
- Ventilator management
Our pulmonary function lab offers the following tests:
- Arterial blood-gas
- Closing volume
- Diffusion capacity
- Exercise-induced broncospasm study
- Lung volume
- Methacholine challenge
- Oxygen desaturation study
- Oxygen saturations
- Thoracic gas volume airway resistance
- Pre- and post-spirometry
- Cardiopulmonary function test (CPFT) test
- Pulmonary stress test and oxygen uptake
Our cardiac testing includes:
- Exercise stress test
- Nuclear stress test
- Dobutamine stress echocardiogram
- 24- and 48-hour Holter monitor test
- Chemical provocation nuclear stress test
We also offer EEG (electroencephalography), a diagnostic test that monitors brain wave activity.
Call (209) 536-3430 for more information.