Patient-Centered Primary Care Home
The comprehensive care you need for a healthier life.
Your health is of primary importance. It should be to your provider too. Adventist Health Portland is proud to show our dedication to the primary importance of you and your health by earning recognition as Patient-Centered Primary Care Homes. This recognition shows we're committed to better health and better care for you and your family.
As your primary care home, we:
- Better coordinate your care to help get you the services you need, when you need them.
- Listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
- Offer after-hours help and alternatives to the emergency room.
- Help you play an active role in your health.
Because you deserve the best possible care
Your primary care home will make prevention and wellness a top priority. If you have a special health concern or condition, your health care team — led by your personal provider — will help connect you with other health professionals to get you the care you need.
For example, they can connect you with a nutritionist, a specialist, a licensed therapist and/or a care manager — whatever your health needs call for. Everyone will work together to make sure they’re on the same page when it comes to your health.
Appointments centered on you
We want you to speak up! We value what you have to tell us about your health and any concerns you may have. No one knows your mind, body and spirit better than you do.
That’s why we encourage you to:
- Bring a list of questions and tell us what health issues you want to focus on first. Let us know what matters most to you.
- Use your own words to repeat back the things you’ve discussed so you and your care team will know the information is clear. We don’t want to leave you with questions.
- Ask your care team how to reach them after hours.
- Before you leave, be sure you know when your next appointment is and the things you can work on to improve your health.
Learn more about preparing for your appointment.
What you can expect
A Patient-Centered Primary Care Home is a health clinic that is recognized for its commitment to patient-centered care. And just as it sounds, patient-centered care is all about you and your health!
Primary care homes are:
- Accessible: Care is available when you need it, including someone you can talk to after hours if you have health concerns.
- Accountable: Your primary care home is responsible for providing the highest quality care to you and the community we serve.
- Comprehensive: You get all the care, information and services you need to stay healthy.
- Continuous: Your health care providers get to know you and work with you over time to reach your health goals.
- Coordinated: Your healthcare providers help connect you with the care you need in a safe and timely way.
- Patient and family centered: You and your family are the most important part of your health, and our care is delivered with respect for your cultural background and in your preferred language.
The program is part of the Oregon Health Authority, whose goal is to improve the health and care of all Oregonians. Visit primarycarehome.oregon.gov for more information about this model.
To begin your personal health partnership with one of our primary care providers, call (503) 261-6929.