Preparing For Your Appointment
How to make the most of your visit
You are the most important member of your primary care team. We depend on you to tell us all of your concerns, ask any questions you have, and help us make a personalized lifestyle and care plan that makes sense in the context of your everyday life.
We want you to speak up! When you have an appointment, you can help us make the most of your primary care visit.
Before and during your visit
A little work before your primary care visit can help us make the most of our time together. You can help by:
- Checking on your most recent appointment notes and/or lab reports by visiting your personal online health chart, MyChart.
- Writing a list of questions and concerns you want your primary care team to know about your health right now — make sure we know what’s important to you.
- Letting us know when you make your appointment which things on your list are most urgent to you — our scheduling staff can help you plan additional visits if necessary to cover your less-urgent items.
During your appointment, you can help your primary care team by:
- Using your own words to repeat back the things you’ve discussed with your care team so we both know the information is clear and correct.
- Asking questions if something is unclear or confusing.
- Making sure you leave with a health improvement plan to follow after your appointment.
- Scheduling your next appointment — this is a chance to check on how well your health improvement plan is working for you.