Knee injuries affect our mobility and quality of life, but proper care can restore both. The orthopedics team at Adventist Health offers a wide range of treatments for knee pain including nonsurgical treatments, minimally invasive knee surgeries including partial and total knee replacement.
Let us be your partner in health.
Knee treatment options at Adventist Health
Now it’s easier than ever to get expert knee care close to home. Our experienced knee surgeons use advanced imaging technology to get an accurate diagnosis and develop the right treatment option for you.
Knee pain and injuries don’t always require surgery. Whenever possible, Adventist Health’s orthopedic specialists choose less-invasive treatments first. Our doctors can let you know if you are a candidate for any of these conservative treatments:
- Bracing: A brace can stabilize a joint to promote proper healing.
- Joint fluid therapy: Injections that lubricate joints and stimulate the body’s ability to produce joint fluid can relieve pain.
- Pain and anti-inflammatory medications: Your doctor may prescribe oral or injectable pain medication.
- Rest/ice/compression/elevation (RICE): At-home modalities that may be used together or alone to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Alternative treatments: Chiropractic care or acupuncture can be used to alleviate pain.
- Orthopedicrehabilitation: This includes physical therapy and occupational therapy, as well as other treatments based on your individual needs.
Sometimes surgery is the best way to restore function in the knee. Our orthopedic surgeons are leaders in the latest knee surgeries, including replacement surgery.
Your doctor will work with you to determine which procedure is right for you. Knee surgeries we perform include:
- Total knee replacement: The entire knee joint is replaced with an artificial component.
- Partial knee replacement: Also known as Makoplasty® or knee resurfacing, this less-invasive operation replaces only damaged parts of the knee using robotic technology.
- Knee arthroscopy: This surgical technique involves inserting a small camera and instruments through a tiny incision to diagnose and treat knee problems.
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction: Doctors repair the ACL to alleviate knee pain and restore movement.
- Knee revision surgery: A revision can replace joint replacement hardware, break up scar tissue or correct a previous surgery.
We offer some of the latest advancements in knee replacement such as:
- VISIONAIRE Patient Matched technology, which utilizes orthopedic imaging tests to customize knee replacement surgery instruments
- VERILASTTM Technology, which utilizes OXINIUM oxidized zirconium, a more durable joint material
At Adventist Health, we believe that we are truly partners in your care. Education is a large part of that partnership. We educate you about treatment plans in advance, so you always know what to expect.
Our nurse navigators provide in-depth information for all joint replacement patients about how to prepare for surgery as well as what to expect during and after the procedure. Our joint replacement seminars educate and empower you to learn about the different treatment
You’re not alone once your surgery is over. We follow up with you to help prevent complications and ensure a healthy recovery. You’ll work with the same team before and after surgery, so you know exactly who to turn to with any questions or concerns.
Special care for every patient
Learn more about the orthopedic services we offer.