Spinal injuries and conditions require care from a multidisciplinary team of professionals, including orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons. No matter what your spine issue, the experts at Adventist Health work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that you can feel good about.
We are your partner in health, every step of the way.
Complete surgical and nonsurgical spine treatment
When you come to Adventist Health for spine pain, you have access to leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options. For complex spine conditions that involve nerves, our orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons deliver seamless multidisciplinary care.
Not all spine pain requires surgery. Whenever possible, our orthopedists recommend conservative, nonsurgical treatments, including:
- Pain and anti-inflammatory medications: We can provide oral pain medication or administer medication via injections.
- Orthopedicrehabilitation: This includes physical therapy and occupational therapy, as well as other treatments.
- Bracing: A brace can stabilize the joint to promote proper healing.
- Rest/ice/compression/elevation: Also called RICE, this simple at-home treatment can reduce inflammation and pain.
- Alternative treatments: Chiropractic care or acupuncture can be used to alleviate pain.
If your spine condition is best treated surgically, you’re in good hands. Our surgeons commonly perform even the most complex spine procedures, including:
- Lumbar discectomy: The surgeon removes a damaged or diseased disc in the lower spine.
- Spinal fusion: This surgery treats adult scoliosis and kyphosis (curvatures of the spine), and fuses bones together.
- Spine tumor surgery: A tumor or tumors is removed from the spine.
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty: A kind of cement is injected into small fractures in the spine to heal the bone and relieve pain.
- Spinal revision surgery: A revision procedure can replace worn out surgical implants, break up scar tissue or correct a previous surgery that was unsuccessful.
At Adventist Health, we believe that empowered patients heal better. Our surgical seminars educate and empower you to get better, faster.
You’re not alone once your surgery is over. We follow up with you to help prevent complications and speed healing. You’ll work with the same team before and after surgery, so you know exactly who to turn to with any questions or concerns.